Wednesday 24 March 2010

The Bedtime Routine

It's no good. It doesn't matter how many times I tell people ,they still get the bedtime routine wrong!
THE HISTORY OF THE BEDTIME ROUTINE
Since my sister was born in 1972 I have shared a bedroom with somebody. At first it was my older sister, then my younger sister and finally my husband. The bedtime routine goes back to my childhood. I have always been the last to say goodnight but also the first.
To signal I wanted my sister to be quiet I would say goodnight. She would then either say goodnight or ask another question. I would reply with goodnight being the last word. This would continue. Every time she said goodnight I would reply goodnight until she would finally be quiet and sleep.
Everybody I have ever shared a room with knows I have to have the last goodnight but it must follow a goodnight. I do not stop until I have had a reply.

TWITTER GOODNIGHT
I thought this was just in real life however I have discovered I am the same on twitter. I have to say 'goodnight' to indicate I am leaving but can't leave until I have had a 'goodnight' in reply. To this I then answer 'goodnight'. Any conversation entered into has to have a goodnight at the end of a sentence with my goodnight being the last.
RECENTLY SAYING GOODNIGHT HAS TAKEN A GOOD HALF HOUR!
So please, if you follow me on twitter, I say goodnight, you reply goodnight and then I say goodnight.
THANK YOU!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you cleared that all up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stroppy knickers..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodnight lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol... I also hate leaving without a reply, and saying it again..

    Lets hope we never say goodnight to each other. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to say you've been tagged over at mine - http://www.itsmygoodlife.co.uk/2010/04/sunshine-award-whats-in-your-handbag.html

    Hope you haven't already done it. :)

    ReplyDelete